Tuesday, May 19, 2009

School: Completed + Brainstorming

I am done with school! The final rush is over and now PPK is going to come to the foreground. Progress will begin to really being made soon. Learning from past projects, I am making sure that everything in the game is completely detailed before any code is written. I already have a bunch of basic engines written such as input handling, 2D graphics, scene management ..ect.
So Aaron has been brainstorming gameplay elements nonstop and sometimes we meet and brainstorm for a few hours and discuss what Aaron has come up with. He has a very big imagination and it is my job to make sure that he doesn't expand the game beyond something completable. Almost all of the large gameplay elements have been sketched out and soon detailing will begin.
I am hoping posts will be fairly frequent - every few days at the least. So check back often! The next post will contain some real meat.

5 comments:

  1. Is it hard working with your brother? I know he has kind of a strong personality at times. But, he also has that great imagination you mentioned. Perhaps you could incorporate squirrels into the game? Ooh or name a villain/other character after me! I would totally be honored/be your best friend. :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is difficult, but I am glad I am working with him. I think whoever you work with, challenges and some type of conflict are bound to occur. I will see what I can do about fitting the squirrels and you into the game. Of course I need to talk to Aaron first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a great way of looking at conflict. I believe you shall succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing about Aaron is that his creativity seems to come in bursts. One day he'll call with tons of new and imaginative ideas for the game, then he'll go a week without any new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The truth is that Aaron is constantly brainstorming, but he avoids me until he believes there is enough to talk about to merit a phone call.

    ReplyDelete