Friday, July 24, 2009

Server Excitement!

I will do my best to spare you of most of the details; however, I do want to keep everyone up-to-date with the project's progress. Recently, we have been attempting to get a server up and running that will run Subversion (SVN) and Trac. Both of these software will greatly help with the development of PPK. However, some unknown force is attempting to stop us...

Our first attempt was with an old computer that we revived - or so we thought. After one day and several trips to Fry's Electronics, we got the computer up and running with Ubuntu on it; SVN and Trac would come later. Two days later the motherboard and/or CPU became "crispy". Attempt #1 = death.

Currently, my desktop is attempt #2. Things are a little tricky considering that my network experience sums up to about... nothing. Needless to say, it has been painful and frustrating. Even though attempt #2 is still alive, I have considered giving it a similar fate to attempt #1. I am hoping that soon I will get some amazing much needed help and finally get everything up and running correctly. Once this is done real progress can once again commence.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some expertise that I could help out with!

    ReplyDelete