Thursday, June 11, 2009

Game Flowchart + GDD

This Game Design Document Template is already proving to be more useful than I had originally anticipated. As I mentioned in my previous post, it is giving us direction and a goal. Up until this point we had only been working on the different gameplay elements and consequently had not really considered the more technical aspects of the game. With me being put in charge of the technical section of the GDD, I decided I should flesh things out as soon as possible. That is exactly what I did today.

One of the things I worked on was making the "Suggested Gameflow Diagram", which is basically an abstraction of the player's experience from turning on the game to turning it off. This is what I came up with.


This is most likely not the final version. Some things are still up in the air and I may have missed something; however, for the most part I think this is correct and represents the gameflow. I may post more GDD content later. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment