Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Game Design Document Plans

A few days ago, while making my rounds at Gamasutra, I came across an interesting and rather useful blog post. In this post, Jason Bakker writes about GDDs (Game Design Document) for indie games and gives a little template of what he finds to be most effective.

Aaron and I have been wanting to write a document like this. So we plan to take this template and will use most of it for our own GDD. A major benifit for using this template is that it gives us direction. With this we will be able to fully document the game design and in a sensible fasion.

So in order to get things moving along Aaron and I meet today. We discussed the GDD and how we will go about writing it out. We did what came naturally - what you always do in school group projects. We split up the work evenly. Aaron will fill out the story part and the gameplay concepts while I will fill out the more technical sections. I have already started on my part and will post some of it very soon.

I hope that we get this done relatively soon so that we can continue to move forward with the game. Things are going to slow for me - I want to really get things rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment